Wednesday, March 17, 2010

An Emotional Ride...

This process is so full of ups and downs. This week was mixed with discouragement and new excitement and anticipation. I'm having a terrible time with these final police reports that we need. Last week dragged by, hoping they would arrive by Friday. Ron's finally came on Monday, but mine did not. I waited one more day, counting the minutes until the mail arrived, but no letter. I called the state police again, got a really nice person this time, and they said my letter was mailed, but there was no record that it was notarized. They apologized and said it might still be on its way, but they would send another just in case and would take care of it right then and get it out "today." So, I'm back where I started, looking at the clock every few minutes until mail time to find out if it is here. I get so mad at myself for not noticing this mistake with the police reports before - and it is even more frustrating in the midst of the slower timeframe for getting approvals and referrals. With each day, I keep wondering how many more dossiers are arriving before ours. Tonight I saw pictures from a referral - two adorable sets of feet (since they can't show the whole picture until the court date) and it reminded me why we are doing this. It is so easy to get caught up in the process and the idea of the child out there seems so vague, and then in an instant it becomes so real again. I cannot imagine the emotions I will feel when I see that referral picture, since I cry at everyone else's. I won't be able to stop myself from holding my breath until the mail comes tomorrow, but I'm going to keep thinking about those little feet...

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Hopefully your police report comes in the next couple days! Praying for you!

    Becca =)

    ReplyDelete